Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thin line between Right and Wrong !!

As it is rightly said in one of the books I read "Sometimes it is necesaary to do the wrong thing for the right reasons. The important thing is to be sure that our reasons are right, and that we admit the wrong -- that we do not lie to ourselves, and convince to ourselves that what we are doing is right".
This is what exactly I also try to do. But I find myself caught up in a thin line between right and wrong. It often happens to me, what I feel is right for myself, is wrong for others and vice-versa. And I find it extremely hard to convey to people my doing. At other times I get influenced by people and follow their opinions which I find right but later on end up doing the wrong and regret.
I guess I need to find out whether there is anything like RIGHT and WRONG ?? Who decides what is right and what is wrong ??Are there any rules which we need to follow?? It's such an irony, some people say follow your heart and some say follow your brain. On analysing, I found out that my heart often leads me to the wrong thing but still I enjoy doing it, I get such pleasure that I don't care about being wrong and I feel it's just the right thing I wanted to do. But if I follow my brain, knowing that it's right, I don't enjoy doing it and again feel, this is not the way I wanted it to be. This right and wrong thing hasn't done anything good to me, in fact I am always in a dilemma thinking which one to choose. My reasons might me right but then the outcomes are wrong or its just the opposite. How do I decide which part of the line I should be in ??

1 comment:

  1. I once watched a movie and there a mother was telling her son....while taking a decision, you'll come across two ways - one is very easy and alluring and the other one is very difficult and hard to follow. Always take the second one. It would be the right path. At first it might be difficult to walk on but later it will give you seeds of happiness!!

    ReplyDelete